Disclaimer

The contents of this blog are my own, and do not reflect the position, views, or policies of the United States Government or the United States Peace Corps.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

It starts: TOMMOROW

Oye, this is really happening! So begins my new adventure/life change/job/quest/mission tomorrow morning. I'm about to embark on my Peace Corps adventure to Tanzania tomorrow morning as I leave St. Louis for staging in Philly. (First cheese steak while I'm there? I think so). I've been waiting and packing and worrying and shopping for this time since I got that glorious phone call at the end of June and accepted my invitation that first week of July. Well, here I am, still enjoying the comforting amenities of the good 'ol USA on my last night before I begin the process of becoming a PCV, (that's Peace Corps Volunteer for all my friends who don't know the lingo yet), soaking up some AC, sippin' some wine, and digesting some nachos with my family. For my friends/family/random people who find my blog, please excuse the random/goofy thoughts and inevitable spelling and grammatical errors. My brain works in mysterious ways, and I intend to post pretty much exactly as I am seeing things.

And the way I'm seeing things now is blurred through a bundle of nerves. Will my luggage (which by the way thanks to Danielle is zipped) weigh the required limit? Will I find the other volunteers in the labyrinth they call Philadelphia airport? Will I be able to handle this whole thing? I'm just going to chalk this up to jitters. The support/love/overwhelming belief in me from my friends, family, and the tiny town I'm from has been unbelievable and a comfort to me.

I could keep rambling, emotional  post going on forever, but I'll wrap this up for now. My motto [what's a motto? I dunno, what's a motto with you?! haha - 1st Lion King reference, oh just wait for more] has always been "Everything happens for a reason." I'm taking this phrase with me as I embark upon the greatest adventure of my life this far. I can't wait to share it all with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment