Disclaimer

The contents of this blog are my own, and do not reflect the position, views, or policies of the United States Government or the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Living the Life!

Greetings from the gorgeous African beach! We just had our mid-training language exam yesterday and then we all headed to Pangani, a beach resort with WESTERN TOILETS!! I forgot to mention in my last post that I am using a pit latrine, a Choo, in a little hut behind my homestay house. So forgive me the excitement of a western toilet. Anyway, we feel like we are in the lap of luxury here, and are enjoying our little weekend away. The first thirty minutes here I was of course in the ocean, but sadly, feel and scraped my self to shreds on the coral. Also, I broke my toe. My spirits are still up and I'm not going to let it ruin my awesome weekend away. Its also raining right now, but hey I'm sure by afternnoon it will be sunny. Just wanted to rub the beach thing in the faces of all my family and friends freezing at home right now. Just kidding. :) I have very limited time, but I just wanted to let you all know they did give us a break from language and training, and I'm going to relax til Sunday! I'm not sure when I'll get internet aagain, so in the next couple weeks I will be doing shadowing (staying with an actual PCV and seeing what they do), having oral exams, and gettting my site announcement! My spirits are still high, but all the prayers and love and support really helps! I'll try to keep you all posted on the adventues of lion king land, when I get some internet access! Much love from Pangani!

1 comment:

  1. Oh,no! I have been scraped by coral before, too, and it hurts!! SO sorry about your toe, too. I hope it's the little one, so you can just tape it to another until it heals. Not a very good way to start your vacation, but you do have a good attitude! Your blogs are so much fun to read, and they sound just like you. Thanks for all of the information. Love you so much. Keep enjoying this great adventure! XOXOXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete