Disclaimer

The contents of this blog are my own, and do not reflect the position, views, or policies of the United States Government or the United States Peace Corps.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Ishirini na Nne (24)

Mambo, Rafiki!
Today I have officially entered my "mid" twenties...in Tanzania! Didn't feel very much different as I woke up, but then got to thinking about life on my two bus rides to town this morning, and in some ways I feel very much more adult, but then I looked down and realized I was eating my Cinnamon Toast Crunch (from an awesome 'merica package--thanks, Mom!), and in some ways I'm very much a kid still. Guess that's how your twenties go right? Well, I guess at least for me.
I'm in town (Tanga) for my birthday/Easter/seeing PCV friends who are passing through, but will head back to the village to stay for a while after this weekend. I just got back this past weekend from a two week training trip to Morogoro for our In-Service Training with Peace Corps, where I had internet access,but completely goofed on getting a blog out, whoops! It was a wonderful two weeks, full of Peace Corps friends, HAMBURGERS, pulled pork, milkshakes, all night dance parties, and movies nights with a big projector. It was almost too good, meaning the transisition back to living alone and being in the village will require a little more effort, but in some ways, its great to be back again. I feel like half the village has asked where I was, and that they were looking for me, and then are happy I'm back. That's a good feeling. :)
So it looks like it's time to start projects. I am planning to start teaching teh secondary school students "life skills" and present to patients at the clinic as they wait, with other projects to begin as time goes on. Its a little scary, and intimidating, but its time, and what I came here to do. Knowing I have the best support system in the WORLD helps immensely.
I wish I had more quirky anicdotes to add, but I guess i'm on birthday brain right now, and am just hoping the rain will stop so we can hit the beach this weekend! :) Hopefully will be able to check internet at site, or in the next month or so (after this weekend), so hit me up with questions, comments and whatever! Someday I'll get pictures up maybe here.
Until then, I'll be trying to act 24.....well, maybe. :)

1 comment:

  1. Chels! I'm so late in following this, but I am going to read it all and catch up on your life and then send you the most wonderful letter ever..i promise :) I love that we are all having our own adventures right now..yours is just a bit longer than ours ;) miss you and I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo albus

    ReplyDelete